Do away with the Dough!

55 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: You need a can opener to get them worms
Jun 25, 2002, 11:53
Aye, I think you’re quite right that its pretty much all or nothing. And of course that it’s by no means simple! But it can be done. Yeah all food free – to each according to their need as the old quote has it. And I doubt there would really be much need for any kind of strict ‘rationing’. As food goes off, there is little point in buying shitloads just because you can, and I would presume that there wouldn’t really be very many ‘rich’ people around for whom caviar etc would be a requirement. A renewed emphasis on local production would be vital.

Don’t forget that such system doesn’t just come out of the sky overnight, and so it wouldn’t be like what if all food were free tomorrow. Marx always talked about the need for revolution, not just because it was the only way to get rid of capitalism (tho that’s a pretty good reason in itself) but also because people need to rid themselves of ‘the shit of ages’ (or muck, depending on translation). After that, the world, and individuals attitude towards it would be a totally different place, with (hopefully) no need for a strict state imposed system, of who gets what.

Now, how people should be ‘punished’ for transgressing the collective’s decisions, now that’s one that makes abolishing money easy! I think.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index