U-Know! Forum »
A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2008, 05:22
Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 04, 2008, 05:20
PMM wrote:
Fuck them. Fuck them all. Then fuck them again.

Yeah, but then what, PMM? Yeah, it's depressing. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, and sometimes those things we do are hard pills to swallow.

I'm not satisfied to retain some artificial standard of airtight political integrity to earn the dubious prize of being able to say 'Fuck them all', though.

I'm talking about real life, you're talking about inner life. And that's fine. I'm all for your principles, it's your impractical and unrealistic methods that I'm criticizing.

And look, you seem to think that a Ralph Nader, even if he could, by any wild stretch of the most vivid imagination win the Presidency, he'd be subject to the same written and unwritten rules of Washington DC. He would not be able to turn the USA into a left-friendly utopia.

Dreams are fine but then we have to wake up and realize we can't fly, we have to freaking WALK! It's politics, it's physics, it's WHAT IS POSSIBLE VS. WHAT IS DESIRABLE. And as I've said, when the possible is reached the desirable can be attended to.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index