Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 02, 2008, 17:34
http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/Vote2008/story?id=4230183&page=1

I'd thought of this... Definitely a good idea for the Dems... I think it'd be a landslide combo, either way.

I hope this happens. No matter who comes out on top in the primaries, if they teamed up, it'd be an unstoppable pairing.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 02, 2008, 23:17
I saw that part of the debate and its pretty intriguing, as was their body language. I remember thinking about it when it all got going and still reckon they would be quite a team.
Five
Five
960 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 00:21
I've been waiting for this idea to come up. Glad it did.
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 04:15
I'm not a big Hillary fan, and I know that being a woman doesn't confer in itself any gentler governance (witness Thatcher) but she is very popular in upstate New York, where the more conservative state citizenry were won over by her.
Obama does of course have the vulnerability of being only 46 years old but he's very good at getting people fired up in an optimistic way.
I really don't think he's going to lose many votes over racism. I actually think a lot of Republicans may just jump ship this election, actually.

No illusions that we're going to see a miraculous transformation of the nation or the government if they win separately, or as a team, but hey, this'll be historic, and SOME of the ruinous policies of the Bush doctrine will be reversed.

This'll also go far in making a lot of Americans who felt like they have been left out in the cold when it comes to being treated as equals feel empowered.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 18:58
On related news, I just heard Ann Coulter dislikes McCain so much she's saying she'll support Hillary against him(!) (After all the dirt she slung at 'liberals'...)

Anyways, that McCain might get the nomination to the chagrin of the neo-cons, maybe that's good news in that the neo-con stranglehold on American politics might be ending. Still, I'm not looking forward to a McCain vs. Clinton election -- I might wind up voting for a smaller party...
rabid orange rat
rabid orange rat
13 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2008, 19:36
Politicians go good with ketchup
Feb 03, 2008, 19:35
DROOL
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 20:26
Yeah, that's beyond bizarre... Coulter and her ilk have been trashing the Clintons mercilessly ever since they arrived on the national stage.

As far as other options go, I heard Nader is considering another run. Fuck, why won't he stay the hell out of it? He can only suck votes away from the Democrats. His argument that there is no difference between them and the Republicans is hyperbole. I mean, if he really believes a Gore presidency would have been as fucked up as 8 years of Bush, he's discredited himself in my opinion.

As a South Park episode once spoofed the process, it usually comes down to a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. But there's also the pragmatic reality of it all, which is that there are some candidates that don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election.

Clinton probably wouldn't have won back in 92 if it hadn't been for that big phony Ross Perot, and Gore would have probably won if it hadn't been for Nader. Sadly, third parties only serve as spoilers with the way things are set up now.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 20:40
Yeah but I really see no difference between McCain or Hillary. But then maybe I'd be so sick of the Repugs I'd probably wind up voting for Hillary anyways. Actually I'm not sure what the heck I'm gonna wind up doing...
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 21:28
Vote for the giant douche !
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 03, 2008, 21:39
LOL!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index