Register
U-Know! Forum »
A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 04, 2008, 04:42
As you perfectly well know, sometimes we have to make decisions that are a choice between, lets say, cutting off our toe, or hacking off our whole leg.

Sorry PMM, your fervor is commendable, and yes, we know the devil's bargain that is the Democrats. I've no illusions about some things but I do know that a Democratic win will give some relief to the country.. time to clean up the bloody mess that Bush has made. And that may not even be possible at this point, but we know for damn sure more Republican control is unacceptable.

You can get on your hight horse all you like. There are different political realities here. Not that different, but all the same... I'll do I can do to help a cause that actually stands a chance of success rather than throw my democratic say to the wind in a throwaway vote of 'no confidence' for the Dems and Repubs. That's a reactionary action that might satisfy ones personal sense of duty to one's inner compass, but if it doesn't have enough mass and momentum in the form of a large enough voting block it's of no use in US politics.

Anyway, let us deal with our insanity and you deal with yours. It's a crazy damn world we're born into and we change what we can.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index