Register
U-Know! Forum »
A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 04, 2008, 04:23
In a perfect world, my friend, in a perfect world.

It's not a perfect world and we sometimes have to deal with the cards we're dealt. I'm sorry that the left wing in the United States isn't powerful enuf for you. Or me for that matter.
So yeah, I'm gonna vote for the damn giant douche, probably, and hope that this gives my country just an eensy weensy teeny step forward, to give it enuf fricking breathing room where someone like Nader and Edwards CAN HAVE A VOICE!

I'm sorry, but I beg to differ with your purist righteousness. The simple strategic reality is that we face another four to eight years of a Republican presidency that's anti-environment, anti-middleclass and poor, stuck in war mode, etc. I don't know if you're over in England or here in the US or where you are but I'm right here in the USA and I know for goddamn sure I've had enuf Republican bullshit for one lifetime. I'm not disputing the Democrats are corrupt. I'm not some sort of Pollyanna, I've seen it all go down from the fall of Nixon on and I wasn't born yesterday and I resent being patronized.

THIS IS FUCKING WAR, MAN! It's laced with ugly truths and compromises and two steps forward and one step back. I've had it with Prima Donnas like Nader, who are essentially correct in their philosophies, I don't deny, but STRATEGICALLY RETARDED when it comes to serving a broader goal of bringing a very freaking BIG SHIP around. It's the bleeding USA, it's 300 million people, and it's a different culture, and much of that culture is admittedly got their heads up their asses but THIS IS THE WAY IT IS and the progressives would be wise to get a good foothold in the form of a solid Democratic win. THEN they can build on that and establish some more support. IT'S PLAIN MATHEMATICS, NADER CANNOT WIN.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index