Register
U-Know! Forum »
A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 04, 2008, 04:13
dodge one wrote:
Maybe a case of us yanks teamin' up here, But where are you writing from, Shangri-la? I've posted my thoughts on this before. To even intimate that George Bush's handling of his administration vs. the way Al Gore would have is ludicris! Granted Ralph Nader is a an advocate for many things i have allways agreed with, but he is and allways will be a bit player. As memory serves he's never taken more than 5% of any election he's run in. Just enough to sway an election the wrong way here. It Has Happened! In your idyllic community perhaps, it's allways the righteous dude that prevails, but not here. It's republicans or democrats. I don't like it, but thats reality. I vote. I choose a side that best suits my ideological beliefs, and than i hope for the best. Spouting off as you have with your childish jibes singles YOU out as a voice that will be disregarded. What party do you subscribe to? You don't seem to go on record much as to what you do that makes a difference. Critic or activist, One is easy... the other requires effort.

I'm writing from UK. I spent years marching around demonstrating against nukes, foxhunting, and for the Labour Party, only to watch them morph into Blair, Brown and more of the same old shit. I'd have been far better off chaining myself to a tree.

Forgive my anger. We've already been through the process over here. After 2 decades of Conservative rule we got a nice shiny Labour government. Hopes were high. Now people will probably vote conservative again next election. The bad guys keep on winning. they keep on winning because we keep getting sucked in and hoping that just for once, despite every lesson history and personal experience has to offer, the team you support will make things better.

I'm not looking for utopia. I just don't expect any mainstream political party to change anything. So if you are an activist, why the hell are you wasting your time campaigning for more of the same?

Stop trusting them! They're used car salesmen, pimps and arms dealers. They sell smack to children. they train people to be torturers. They don't always mean to be these things, but that's what happens. You know that's what happens.

"It's republicans or democrats. I don't like it, but thats reality"

So why do you suport and defend them? You don't like it, but you support it. Political masochism. It's not a childish jibe. What you want makes no sense to me.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index