Register
U-Know! Forum »
A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?

27 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: A Clinton/Obama, Obama/Clinton ticket?
Feb 03, 2008, 20:26
Yeah, that's beyond bizarre... Coulter and her ilk have been trashing the Clintons mercilessly ever since they arrived on the national stage.

As far as other options go, I heard Nader is considering another run. Fuck, why won't he stay the hell out of it? He can only suck votes away from the Democrats. His argument that there is no difference between them and the Republicans is hyperbole. I mean, if he really believes a Gore presidency would have been as fucked up as 8 years of Bush, he's discredited himself in my opinion.

As a South Park episode once spoofed the process, it usually comes down to a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. But there's also the pragmatic reality of it all, which is that there are some candidates that don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winning the election.

Clinton probably wouldn't have won back in 92 if it hadn't been for that big phony Ross Perot, and Gore would have probably won if it hadn't been for Nader. Sadly, third parties only serve as spoilers with the way things are set up now.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index