U-Know! Forum »
Rubbish & chips

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Rubbish & chips
Aug 30, 2006, 11:03
Ah well if it works in other places it'll probably work here. Perhaps people are generally more responsible than I give them credit for. I'm certainly not against the idea*, I just think it would be Polite to tell people you're monitoring them. Otherwise people might turn against the thing you're doing for no other reason (oops - which seems to be the feeling that might be happening here?). Here at work at the moment it's a cliche but the management are planning lots of changes but not telling us the details, and then asking 'will that be alright then?' - understandably we feel in the dark and aggravated, and are resisting it all. It's the same kind of thing. A bit of openness goes a long way. After all it's for the common good in the end innit.

*our tiny flat is full of bags of paper, card, bottles, cans etc which a less concerned person would chuck into the bin rather than stare at / trip over etc in such a small space. And you should see my angst in supermarkets. I'm all for waste reduction.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index