Wayland's Smithy »
Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???

Pages: 12 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Blaidd
125 posts

Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 23, 2002, 12:59
OK so I'm realatively new to this site & may be a bit green, but, can anyone help me with this........(particularly Rhiannon as I must say after reading many or her postings I have to say she's a woman after my own rods)

A short time ago at Waylands, I was stiitng with my back to one of the beech trees which sits just in front & to the left of the entrance, when after about 2 hours I felt a pounding through the ground.

I know the MOD Ranges are essentially not too far away, but usually some form of rumbling is heard, but today was silent. It was around the time of the Autumnal Equinox. The pounding wasn't exactly in a rhythm as such but did become more regular and at times stronger.

I had entered the grove by the gateway between the holly bush & tree, knelt & was given permission to enter. I left an offering when I finally went, but the movement of the ground has bothered me since.

I once felt a reasonably similar thing at Llynnau Cregennan in North Wales a few years ago.

Anyone got any ideas??

(And no I wasnt taking/ smoking anything at the time!!!)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 23, 2002, 13:27
Welcome to HH Blaidd. Home of those who clear up after others when out at sites :-)

>> ... I left an offering when I finally went,

Are you going to go back and clean up the mess .. erm .. I mean offering you left behind or will you rely on somebody else to do it for you?

>> but the movement of the ground has bothered
>> me since.

Has Wayland's moved to Manchester? :-)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Oct 23, 2002, 13:35
blaidd,
as you've probably worked out from Fourwinds post, leaving offerings is not encouraged in these parts. the general consensus seems to be to leave these sites as you find them.

that aside, hope you enjoy HH and TMA
Peace and Noise,
Squid
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

A less abrasive offering
Oct 23, 2002, 14:16
Poor old Blaidd!

There are a variety of opinions on the offerings issue. I'm not too offended by the biodegradeable variety myself, but I know there are a lot of people who just don't like stuff left around at sites.

As for vibrations, that's a strange one. There weren't any pile drivers in the area? Could be so many things I suppose. If in doubt, I like to blame the farmers.

:-)#

Kammer x
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Oct 23, 2002, 14:24
Was the wood across the Ridgeway from WS still occupied by ppl with a penchant for repetative beats?

Maybe some freak event meant you could feel the bass they pump out but not hear it?
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Oct 23, 2002, 14:24
don't be put off by Mr Crotchety, welcome to the fold. I trust you're not a 'Wolf' in sheep's clothing and we're all safe.

Not that I've got anything much constructive to say? But I would suggest that two hours is a long time to spend at a site compared to the length most people stop by at Wayland's Smithy. and if you spend time actually 'at' a place, rather than (like most people) being somewhere but actually thinking about a million other things you;ve got to do - well then you might actually experience something of the place and notice things that you wouldn't otherwise.

Did you know Tom Graves' book 'Needles of Stone Revisited' is complete on the internet?
http://www.isleofavalon.co.uk/ndlstone.html
That might have something relevant to you in it.

By the way, presuming you aren't PDC, you hail from round Bedfordshire/Hertfordshire way?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: A less abrasive offering
Oct 23, 2002, 14:56
I didn't mean my post to be abrasive, I was just trying to phrase 4Ws post in a less aggressive fashion - I obviously failed! sorry :-(
Blaidd
125 posts

Oct 23, 2002, 15:05
Hmmm,

You strike me as being reasonably amusing, although I have noted that you contribute very valuable information aswel.

The offering was a small gift from nature, it was not an apple core, half an andrex roll or a used condom, which I have encountered at these sites before.

I understand the theory behind your heartfelt words however.

As for vibrations in manchester, well that could be just down to the red light district
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: A less abrasive mess
Oct 23, 2002, 15:05
Was I abrasive? So sorry! Honest.

At least i didn't mention the fact that Blaidd used the phrase 'after me own rods'. Sounds a bit dowser-ish to me ....

How many bags of crap you collected this month Pete? Or have you given up?

Biodegradable offerings ... hhhmmm ... nice. Just what I wish to encounter at a site a pile of rotting roses and wild flowers picked from one of the nearby disappearing hedgerows. :-)
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Re: A less abrasive offering
Oct 23, 2002, 15:07
Sorry. I probably got the wrong end of the stick.

:-)#

I'm a crass newcomer myself, so I guess I'm extra aware how daunting a Forum like this can be when you first post to it.

We're not really all that bad though (not even Mr Winds).

K x
Pages: 12 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index