Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: hobnob or...
Oct 24, 2002, 14:59
aha! now you're getting the hang of it!!

pass the rizlas...
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 24, 2002, 15:05
You're going to become very at home around here. Jammy Dodgers seem to be a very popular choice with listers.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Oct 24, 2002, 15:20
you know I wouldn't help with the deliberate subversion of this thread (like we hadn't NOTICED, don't try to deny it)
but
does anyone know why rizlas are called rizlas? It's my latest piece of trivia and I need to share it.

It's because... the La Croix family made them, and to be witty they put "la" and a little cross (wot is on the packet as you can see, Croix meaning cross in foreign) - and the Riz bit? well it means rice, and they were (are?) rice paper.

thankyou very much for your attention.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Royston
Oct 24, 2002, 15:26
I've never got round to going to Waulaud's bank pathetically.
But I've not heard of Asheridge - you should put it on the website and tell us about it, that'd be interesting.

By the way, I like your positivity about going out in the winter!! I was just thinking this morning as my train tootled across the frosty misty bit by the river, it really pays to see the countryside at different times of year, you see different things. And the low angle of the sun with the lovely light this time of year helps you see things differently too, and pick out bumps in the landscape.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

LaRiz
Oct 24, 2002, 16:47
thread subversion, moi??? mais non...je suis pure as the driven doobree me dear.

seriously though, sorry, I did get a bit carried away with that one.

Squidney
moggymiaow
121 posts

Re: Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 25, 2002, 00:49
well with all the earthquakes that we have been having recently it coule be possibl that it was a mild tremour
Blaidd
125 posts

Re: LaRiz
Oct 25, 2002, 08:37
Oh I bow to the superior knowledge, but, where the hell does she get this stuff???
Blaidd
125 posts

Re: Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 25, 2002, 08:40
Will have to give the catnip a go next time i'm there, have to admit I was stone cold at the time.
I can go for the landscape thing, the patterns aren't just about what people mark them with and that's what a large number of the monuments etc are, when you break it down.

Nice to meet you

Blaidd
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Oct 25, 2002, 09:36
my mind is full of it. that's why I can't get a proper job.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Oct 25, 2002, 10:29
The backs of cereal packets and The Discovery Channel ....

Alledgedly :-)
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index