Wayland's Smithy »
Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Blaidd
125 posts

Re: Waylands Smithy - Vibrating???
Oct 29, 2002, 12:54
Oh please, what have you lot been on !!!

A little yellow man with a penchant for older decrepit yellow men will forever tarnish my peacefull thoughts now.

Swines!!!!

B
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:10
Swines? That's us!

Or swines-r-us if you prefer.
Blaidd
125 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:16
sooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeee piggy piggy

Did anyone see the X-Files episode with the numpty family inbreeding on that farm where Scully was singing "baa ram ewe, baaa ram ewe" at the pigs? Seriously funny.

B
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Waiting for Squiddo!
Oct 29, 2002, 14:32
Sheesh! The longest thread yet on TMA forum.

See what a bit of controversy can do!

Oh, actually if you remove the biscuit section it drops dramatically down the list.

Nice one Squiddo!! :-)
Joe Chip
94 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 16:33
I thought it was the extraterrestrials not the army. People have reported the sound on the Great Orme, Llandudno. Also there's something called the "Taos Hum", in New Mexico, which has pissed lots of people off.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 16:39
Are you related to Bob?
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Waiting for Squiddo!
Oct 29, 2002, 16:40
hehe - a triumph for thread subversion don't you think 4Ws!

btw, sorry not to be paying much attention of late, but I've been resting up trying to recover from illness/excess and other fings.

Squiddo
Joe Chip
94 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 17:17
Nope, no relation - my handle was inspired by Ubik.
wysefool
wysefool
107 posts

Mar 12, 2007, 17:36
I have never experienced this at Waylands, But i have experienced a 'kaboom!' every now and then whilst relaxing on the downs about 3 miles away. It baffled me for ages. I then experienced it at Liddington Castle much more strongly.

It seemed to be the Lorries (the big ones!) on the M4 (close) going over a bridge and the vibration and boom sound that accompanied was felt very strongly.

WF
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Mar 12, 2007, 20:34
Quite recently I was in the area near Marden, and we could hear the guns / bombs going off on Salisbury Plain. Quite a horrible sound, it freaked me out really. I guess the low frequency sounds travel a long way.
not that I'm saying anyone else's experience is military. Specially in the undulating landscapes round the ridgeway I wonder whether the wind over the landscape could do weird wavy things.

(it's interesting to see this old thread - I guess you picked it up directly from the Wayland's Smith page, wysefool? cos that's why it's quite old. in case you wondered.)
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index