The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
A History of Ancient Britain

Pages: 16 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CARL
511 posts

A History of Ancient Britain
Jan 31, 2011, 13:48
Whilst I was recently shopping in a well known supermarket I took the chance to have a quick look through the BBC Histoty magazine (I know, cheapskate!) Anyway, there was a couple of page feature on a new series coming up presented by Neil Oliver covering Britain from Boxgrove man up to the Roman invasion. There were lots of photos of prehistoric sites etc. It looks like it could be a cracking series. It looks like the series could be starting in February but I have no definite start dates. Should be worth keeping an eye out for!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: A History of Ancient Britain
Jan 31, 2011, 15:38
Is it this one - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xchyf and http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/ Can’t see any dates yet but looks good.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 17:08
CARL wrote:
Whilst I was recently shopping in a well known supermarket I took the chance to have a quick look through the BBC Histoty magazine (I know, cheapskate!) Anyway, there was a couple of page feature on a new series coming up presented by Neil Oliver covering Britain from Boxgrove man up to the Roman invasion. There were lots of photos of prehistoric sites etc. It looks like it could be a cracking series. It looks like the series could be starting in February but I have no definite start dates. Should be worth keeping an eye out for!

Thanks for the info Carl and LS
olly
102 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 18:42
Excellent to see more exposure for our ancient site beyond Stonehenge- it seems as the present gets progressively more grim and prospects of a positive future become dim, we can look for some comfort in our ancient past- perhaps nothing is new?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6214 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 20:11
CARL wrote:
.... a new series coming up presented by Neil Oliver covering Britain from Boxgrove man up to the Roman invasion. There were lots of photos of prehistoric sites etc. It looks like it could be a cracking series. It looks like the series could be starting in February but I have no definite start dates. Should be worth keeping an eye out for!

Excellent, thanks for this Carl, will definitely watch out for that.
summerlands
192 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 20:42
Oh my, I have such a ridiculous crush on that guy!

Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 21:20
Looks like this is also linked to the series - http://www.wiltshireheritage.org.uk/events/index.php?Action=2&thID=599&prev=1
strathspey
79 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 21:50
Excellent - hope it is Feb. Anything to lighten up the gloom of this interminably long winter!
baza
baza
1308 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 22:29
A History Of Ancient Britain – Age Of Ice Episode 1/4
Wednesday 9 February
9.00-10.00pm BBC TWO and BBC HD
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jan 31, 2011, 22:56
baza wrote:
A History Of Ancient Britain – Age Of Ice Episode 1/4
Wednesday 9 February
9.00-10.00pm BBC TWO and BBC HD

It feels as though there's a tv band wagon rolling at present - tonight was the last episode of Tony Robinson's Birth of Britain and last week Iain Stewart's Men of Rock finished - both geology based and both very good. I hope A History Of Ancient Britain dawdles a bit around the Neolithic period and shows some ancient sites.
Pages: 16 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index