The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Tidying up offerings

304 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
faerygirl
412 posts

Re: Tidying up offerings
Jun 06, 2010, 13:39
You may find that the comment by Nigel was looking at the effects of Christianity on some stone monuments, to which I observed the building of churches on many stone circles and forced christianity on pagan religions.

I pointed out (pretty well I think) that most of the conversion to Christianity had nothing to do with "Freedom of Choice" as you suggested. Now, in my original statement I did also mention that the Muslims have done similar things (in the Maldives, accross Egypt etc), but other religions have less of a "convert or die" regime.

I have no idea what youre talking about when you mention "addressing a point that was not made" as the point that was made was regarding forcing a religion onto pagan sites and my above comment does ONLY THAT. The above long reply to your message was to highlight how redundant your "freedom of choice" comment was when discussing the way Christianity was (is still) forced upon others.

THIS ENTIRE THREAD is discussing how people put their own beliefs onto others and often use existing sites to practice a new belief. That is how I introduced the building of Christian sites onto existing pagan structures. This is also seen in the Mosques built on Hindu temples in the Maldives.

I would say that the comments were relevent and that your "axe to grind" comments and others (not only aimed at me but also at other members) are an odd attempt at making others appear more stupid than yourself.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index