The Blue Stone Enigma

153 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
megadread
1202 posts

Re: The Blue Stone Enigma
Jun 30, 2009, 23:16
GordonP wrote:
[quote="megadread"]I can't go with the transportation theory at all, it just seems an impossible and implausible feat, the tides, currents etc.
Look how the experiment to transport just a single stone failed so miserably.
I could be open minded to a combination of glaciation and human transportation with the bluestones being dumped in england then
dragged to stonehenge but transportation alone, nah, i'm with Burl.

Hi All

Human transport overland and by boat is very easy if you know what you are doing overland and have a seaworthy boat for the rest of the journey.

See link below.

http://www.ferribyboats.co.uk/

These boats date to around the time of the building of the final phase of Stonehenge. I've been to Humberside to view the half size relica and believe me this is one sophisticated boat. As an exboatbuilder (traditional wooden hulls) in MHO these boats have a long history of development probably over thousands of years.

I devote a chapter to the Bluestones in my forthcoming book Building Stonehenge available from my website www.stonehengetheanswer.com in the next couple of weeks and on sale generally September the 1st.

Please excuse plug

GordonP

Don't get me wrong, i'd love proof that our ancestors acheived such feats but sadly there is none.
I'm sticking with Burl till there's some credible evidence.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index