68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 17, 2008, 18:13
dodge one wrote:
Just to put this month's Drudian and this string back into a little perspective... as Julain mentioned, while were goin' about our lives that poor depicted girl is gettin shagged rotten by that misable old bastard. That's the point. U-Know!

It's distressing to think about. If you try to grasp how much suffering there is in the world as a whole you could go mad. For every atrocity we are informed of there's a million others even worse.

I guess what started this thread was perhaps a bit of weariness as to the amount of time the Druidion's have spent lately on the subject of Muslim immigrants. It does run the risk of looking a bit obsessive on JC's part, as if he's got nothing on his mind but that and music.

It's his site, after all; His soapbox, and so if one is upset by the dilemma of liking his music and not liking his politics, the best thing to do is probably to accept that he's a human being like anyone, with all the complex and sometimes contradictory baggage that being human entails, and get over it.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index