68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 17, 2008, 14:57
Wiggy wrote:
I think it's worth remembering that just as many of our "Christian" customs and practices are actually "Pre-Christian", so are many "Islamic" customs and practices actually "Pre-Islamic".
It's also worth remembering that Islam tends to be more prevalent in countries we would describe as "Developing" and that a lot of the present conflict is more about geopolitics and ideology than it is about faith.
I would not want to be a woman in most of the Islamic countries of The World, but some "men" make slaves of women, children, and other men in all countries and cultures.

That was basically what I wanted to say. The thing is that the miserable position of women in many Muslim countries is not related to the fact that they are Muslim, but to the fact that (a) they are developing or underdeveloped, in which we the west play a significant historic role, (b) they often have some power vacuum, in that there is not really any forward progressive pulse that can make the country hop forward. And then finally there is *one* islamic country where women are relatively well off, and it's exactly that one that the west chooses to invade. Tss.

Do you think women are well off in Hindu society?

Do you think women were well off in Japan? It's better now, but still it's essentially a verys exist society. China? It's not because a woman doesn't wear a veil that she's free. Why doesn't the west understand that? Likewise, a veiled woman can in principle be freer than an unveiled one. The veil or the burka have become symbols of oppression, yes, but the essence is not to make women stop wearing burkhas. The essence is to make women equal citizens the world over, whether they wear veils or not.

Woman is the nigger of the world, and the actual reasons of how that came to be are complex, but the reasons why this system is maintained are not related to any part of Islam and not even to any religion, even though it's been a useful tool of suppression of not only women but about everything good in life. It is mainly related to economic factors, which we as the hypocrit west help to maintain.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index