Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Edited Jan 07, 2008, 15:09
Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 07, 2008, 14:54
Lord Lucan wrote:
This issue is poverty-driven, not religiously bound up with Islam.

This is indeed a very succinct way of putting my overly verbose text in 11 words. Thanks. I indeed seem to spot a profound lack of any economic angle in Cope's point of view on religion and women rights. While it is true that not all is explainable in that way, one cannot be blind to the fact that it is easy to play the morally just when you're sitting at the top of the world. Probably his passions make that Cope feels more at home on the battlefield of religious concepts, but one has to be wary of such abstract reasoning, as I recall Nietzsche once deployed the same strategy to formulate some very strong anti-semitic theory in Der Antichrist, where he takes some early devolopment of polytheist to monotheist god-on-a-pedestal society in ancient Judea as a reason to condemn The Jew in general.

But you don't have to look so far... on the eastern borders of Europe, in economic desaster areas, parents sell their kids for a night to pedophiles from the richer west. Cope does not use this... probably because he can't condemn "that kind of society" - because *what* kind of society exactly? When it's closer to home it's less clear. Or on the contrary, even clearer: it's economy, not culture.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index