January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations

68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Bonzo the Cat
Bonzo the Cat
138 posts

Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 12, 2008, 17:33
Ok, I've replied to this at various points in this thread, but I guess it doesn't hurt to repeat myself...

postyesterdayman wrote:
I don't think he is being vague or obtuse at all: it's quite clear he does not like in any way the traditions and 'policies' of Muslim society. And he doesn't have to. We have this PC 'respect everyone and don't judge or form opinions' bullshit shoved down our throat so fucking much that we forget that it's perfectly normal, let alone acceptable, to be horrified and enraged about terrible abuses to woman and crude, barbaric killings of condemned individuals! Fuck them, I don't get it and I don't like it and I don't care who knows it or furthermore who might have a problem with it.

I don't accept anything, and certainly not for the sake of PC. What I will *not* accept is generalisations that don't look beyond race and culture. As Lord Lucan stated somewhere, the essence is that the issue is not related to any specific culture or religion, but poverty-driven.

In other words, the probem I have is not so much that it offends, but that it completely misrepresents the problem in order that he might grind his axe, i.e. muslims suck.

postyesterdayman wrote:
I understand what you mean about him clearly defining things...yes, he needs to clarify but, in my opinion, for different reasons than as to not offend. Face it, westerners concerned with being accepting and worldly and progressive are the only ones who are going to be offended...no one in the discussed countries are going to be reading the Address Drudion

Absolutely, I don't care about whether it's offending or not, but as I stated above, if JC needs xenophobic slogans to be offending there's something wrong.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index