68 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Re: January drudion & I've had it with the Drude's xenophobic insinuations
Jan 17, 2008, 17:57
Wiggy wrote:
Yr right PYM, we should be pissed off whenever and wherever we find this - it's just that I dont think that it's 100% to do with being a muslim, but as much or more to do with economics, development and "culture" that pre-dates the birth of Islam.
I think we probably agree, mostly. Peace from one "fine fellow" to another.=;o)

It's really not fair to cast a blanket of blame over any particular religion, or religion in general, for the woes of humankind. Some branches of the various faiths work overtime to make everyone look bad. Most Muslims are no more fanatical than most Christians... that is, they're just ordinary people who've been brought up with religion as a component of their culture.

It's usually the converts that are the worst, as they seem to feel they're on a mission and have to work overtime to promote their adopted faiths and make up for years of 'sin', or whatever.

And many fanatics are from dirt-poor backgrounds, as you say... nothing to lose, everything to gain (paradise). If you're a semiliterate poor kid from a slum in a third world country, and someone promises you an afterlife of sex and luxury, it's probably going to be a mighty difficult proposition to turn down.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index