SydArthur Festival 2018

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

SydArthur Festival Day 28: August 3, 2006: Death of Arthur Lee
Aug 03, 2018, 04:02
"Your Mind And We Belong Together."

The first post-FOREVER CHANGES Love release.

I think that this was the best SydArthur Festival yet...(Was it really a lunar month ago I was listening to "Swan Song" by Be-Bop Deluxe over and over again?!)

I got derailed many times by reminders from my past: Like with The Gun Club, early solo Roky Erickson, and several Dieter Moebius releases I haven't listened to in far too long. And Günter Schickert. Fuck! And the Magma video with the Robby Steinhardt guy on the Armstrong plexi-bass and Stundehr on double MAgma logo vox. Also got turned onto some new things that were engaging as hell that require a lot more investigation. As well as a couple of reissues from the past seven years I somehow managed to miss.

Then VILLAGE IDIOT DOPE arrived during a 48 hour period that I was comparing the two versions of The Gun Club's "Walking With The Beast" (the B-side of "Fire Of Love" stands several feet taller than the over-processed remake that opens THE LAS VEGAS STORY) while listening to both Moebius & Plank albums parked on a rainy jetty.

Thought long and hard about Rock Music, had an unexpected visitation from a person from my past, got drunk on wine, sorted through and categorized 3,000 albums for a museum and most of all -- had a good time. Hope you did, too.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index