Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Jul 09, 2018, 20:32
Re: SydArthur Festival 2018 Day 2: Shelley / Be-Bop Deluxe: Swan Song
Jul 09, 2018, 20:24
The Seth Man wrote:
Sounds like a really special day, Zariadris.

I'm in the USA listening to "Swan Song" by Be-Bop Deluxe. I've played lots of Be-Bop Deluxe during August for decades, so bumping my yearly ritual to July is hardly a problem.

Hey Seth Man! I'm ashamed to say I'm not familiar with Be-Bop Deluxe, but will try to rectify that, what with August coming up. Thanks for turning me on.

We listened to Vesuvio as we drove through mountain villages along the base of Mt. Azhdahak, a dormant volcano that is the tallest mountain in the chain that rings the lake, and which takes her name from a demon/dragon of Iranian myth, popularized in Ferdowsi's Shahname. It was a deeply powerful, moving thing to experience this landscape with this album. So, Day 2 of SydArthur was duly observed.

And let me take this opportunity to finally thank you for your wonderful, inspiring review of Vesuvio. Write on man.

By the way, today (July 9) is the birthday of Bon Scott! So, let's raise a glass or three to the Dionysian, priapic, he-donistic, ribald and telluric spirit of rock and roll. Before Stoner Rock, there was Boner Rock: earth, sweat and blood. Here's to you BS, pedal to the metal on the highway to hell. Ride on man.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index