47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Citizen Cain'd
Apr 26, 2015, 23:35
Captain Starlet wrote:
Can't see how much it was engaging with the masses when the busking tour saw them playing in cropped fields in the middle of nowhere. The whole concept for me just rang hollow, as does the whole 'revolution' thing. Hardly anyone knows who he is anymore and less people care about what he's doing now, rather prefer the older days. The handful of people who went to the gigs were most probably the more die hard fans and a spattering of others who fancied a bit of a break during the day. And what happened to the Black Sheep film that was supposed to come out?

For me the whole thing was a flash in the pan idea that Cope quickly lost interest in n the whole a complete failure.

I don't think it really matters if his older audience likes his newer stuff (or the reverse), he's just going to keep making what he wants anyway, it's clearly not being done for a target market (small or large). Frankly, I don't like anything from before Peggy, and could care less about his pop "heyday". I just want him to keep following his own path, and if I choose to listen, I'll be rewarded. Not everything has to be the greatest thing ever done.

Fuck me, if Bruce Springsteen decided to do a busking tour, I think I'd pay attention, even if I could give a shit about any of his songs.

As far as Citizen Cain'd goes, I didn't like it at first, but through repeated listens, I now love it, though maybe not every song. I find myself re-appraising music all the time, and I am suspicious of music I instantly love.....not because all good music has to be difficult, but like human relationships, I hold dear those that have grown over time, quite the opposite of some smiling idiot who makes me laugh.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index