Citizen Cain'd

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Citizen Cain'd
Apr 24, 2015, 13:20
IanB wrote:
That is totally true. Seemed to me that each release compounded the lack of traction achieved by its predecessor. Artists can't just decide to be culturally relevant. On the one hand the music critics of today have zero interest in the political for the most part and activists seem to gravitate to sub cultural electronica stuff where "name" artists and singer songwriters have no relevance. Doubt much Black Sheep stuff reached beyond the hard core Cope-o-phile And 6 Music listener.

Agree that the Black Sheep stuff probably never reached beyond Cope's already established audience, but I don't think that detracts from the overall quality of the project, which I found to be quite high. KMSA was, and remains, my favorite post-Interpreter Cope release. That was really solid all the way through (at least in the CD version). And Unruly Imagination was fantastic, too, kind of like a politicized version of Skellington. Personally, I saw the political ethos of Black Sheep as the logical culmination of themes he developed in Autogeddon. So for me, the Black Sheep era was more a return to form than an unnecessary detour.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index