Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE

65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE
Apr 03, 2015, 18:27
I will be having another listen and checking tomorrow evening. My mate's opinion was that it couldn't be improved that much.. a radio station's tape from over forty years ago. Fair enough. Nonetheless, the cd should be better quality than the sound on a torrent, which, as I understand it, will be more compressed. Anyway, as I've already said, the enjoyment of the content outweighs any deficiencies in reproduction. I'm just glad it exists at all. What pees me off far more is when record companies go back to their master tapes for 'definitive' digital versions and still end up with a bodge. It's down to the ears of the guy in charge of doing it. As I ranted, sadly justifiably, on SOOL recently, the latest versions of the Floyd's output around '69 are a case in point, as my mate's improved them with 'home' gear greatly. Glorious now, but the versions sold are not. I've heard the 'before and afters' and know. I haven't got anything that Steven Wilson's curated, but understand from others comments here that the Floyd may not be alone.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index