IanB
6761 posts

Edited Mar 30, 2015, 12:20
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE
Mar 30, 2015, 12:16
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:

Humble Pie – Rockin’ The Fillmore 4cds of deservedly legendry live shows, does exactly what it says on the tin

Rory Gallagher – Irish Tour 74, 6cds this time, even better than Humble Pie

I have been toying with buying those but have held back so far. The original releases have been part of my life for 40 years and I know every note, every nuance as if they were burned straight into my DNA. Not sure how I would feel hearing nearly the same thing after all this time but a bit different. Do you find yourself going back to the original selections from the double albums or are there real gems among the unreleased versions?

Get the Rory G set, it's a masterpiece from a masterpiece, yes it's expensive and it has 3 sets from the same tour but everything is on fire, the band , the crowd, the set list is Irish Tour 74 plus Live in Europe, it is amazing. If you like the original you'll love this. If they come up with an expanded Live In Europe I'll be on it like a shot

OK. Thanks a lot for that. The big temptation for me was that there are so many tunes from Live In Europe in the expanded Irish Tour set. Hearing those songs with a different drummer would be interesting. I didn't see him until the Against The Grain tour the following year (75p to sit in the Albert Hall balcony) so missed them at their very peak will be great to hear some complete shows with that quartet.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index