Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE

65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE
Mar 29, 2015, 12:06
Well said, Ian. I've asked here before who is currently producing music that you also think needs to be made - more so than ever - and didn't get a response. If anywhere I think it is in rap or 'agit-folk'...the barely intelligible machinegun-style delivery or the niche. There is, as far as I know, no modern equivalent of Out Demons Out, let alone anyone singing anything more lucid but at the same time easy to understand, while political, economic and overseas policies are rotten to the core. With regard to the latter, on RT yesterday it was stated that the arms market of the Gulf States would be worth $165bn+ over the next five years. With the US/UK economies dependent on arms sales - and dodgy finance (w h e n the next Big Crash happens the shit will REALLY hit the fan, the real reason for mass surveillance, the 'warontrrrrr' being the excuse for introducing the legal and electronic infrastructure of control and monitoring, imo) - what hope peace? I would be very happy if someone here said I was talking bollocks and pointed me in the right musical direction, but, as I've already said, last time I asked, nada. It is a strange paradox that while we are evermore socially connected via the internet, musical socio-political comment seems to be increasingly muted. A new Killing In The Name Of, anyone?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index