65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2015, 14:40
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 28 March 2015 CE
Apr 02, 2015, 10:23
I think I may have got the set in question from one of the torrent sites a couple of years ago. I'm not sure where I'd have it so haven't checked if the date is the same but I definitely got a live version of Kaptain Kopter from somewhere some time back. So whether o9r not it's the same thing I don't know.

I know that the label Easy Action managed to clear up some material that had been released elsewhere in very dodgy condition. Not sure if the same sources were used or what but definitely their MC5 and Stooges releases sounded a heck of a lot better than the French grey area versions that preceded them.
So just thinking that it is possible to improve on things that are in circulation. Might be just finding a more legitimate source closer to the original recording or something. I still don't 100% know to what extent you can clean up not very good recordings but think it's probably not that much, unless it's correcting technical faults in the recording process, which I think has been done recently with some Grateful Dead recordings. Also, still intrigued as to whether technology in the hands of a professional recording set up is inherently better than what an amateur audiophile might have at his hands with computer technology moving as fast as it is. But assume that you can't really tweak an x-generation recording anywhere near as much as you can a lower generation one and definitely not as much asa multitrack.

So there you go. Might be worthwhile and if these are legitimate recordings they're not likely to turn up on the more legitimate fileshare networks again. As in those that only share live recordings with the ok of the artist, or at least the supposed one. Since some artists are share friendly and some aren't, like.

Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index