Compilation Albums.

44 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Compilation Albums.
Jun 16, 2014, 19:17
The Trojan 2cd sets that were coming out around the turn of the millenium were all pretty phenomenal, or at least the ones I heard.

Nuggets as in 1972 and 4cd box set are both great, think the Volume II British set was decent too as were the California single city compis which I think were connected. Wish there had been something similar on Detroit - 4cd set of psychedelic/garage era material, one on Texas would have been pretty welcome too.

No New York and the DNA and Mars near complete collections. Hysteria by Lydia Lunch.

The Peel sessions full length cds on several artists notably the Birthday Party .

Crystal Days on The Bunnymen

At least a couple of the Strategies Against Architecture sets by Einsturzende Neubauten as well as Kalte Sterne the collection of early singles/various artist set appearances by them.

Loads of Proper box sets including the early Nat King Cole material, Sister Rosetta Tharpe, Duke Ellington, Count Basie, Bob Wills, Hank Williams, Hillbilly Boogie, Farewell To Ireland set of early Irish stuff from NYC and Boston.
plus smaller sets on Moon Mullican, Son House, Flatt & Scruggs, Hank Snow, Professor Longhair and a few others.

THe JSP Remebetika sets.

The Zanzibara sets of East Coast African Taraab and related musics and the Ethiopiques sets done by the same French label.

African Scream Contest, Love's A real Thing, Ghana rocks and single artist sets on Mebusas, Orchestra Polyrythymo De Contonou, Psychedelic Aliens etc etc

Chet Baker sings the cd, which I think is about 3 lps of stuff.
Babs Gonzalez Weird Lullabye
Slim Gaillard Laughing In Rhythm
Miles Davis Circle In The Round
Swans Various Failures
Funkadelic Music For my Mother
Beatles past Masters
Rolling Stones London Years singles compi
Cabaret Voltaire Living Legends
Flipper Sex Bomb Baby
Charlatans The Amazing
Henry Cow The Road

Fuzzy Felt Folk, the ---- is not a Four Letter Word series
Death To Trad Rock
some of the sets that Bevis Frond compiled on psych & prog.

Sure I'll think of others if I put my mind to it, that was off the top of my head like.
Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index