Julian cancels Belfast show - extremely disappointing reason given

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Myers
Myers
151 posts

Re: Julian cancels Belfast show - extremely disappointing reason given
Dec 28, 2013, 20:33
I think the poor fellow is getting a lot of bad press for.... Well for nothing much really.

As has been said before, he owes us nothing. It is his, and his alone, choice whether he plays or not. If he felt there were security issues, then as an ageing bloke, with a family, he did the right thing.

Spoken as someone who didn't put their family first, and very much did the wrong thing..

Happy new year, by the way.
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Edited Dec 29, 2013, 01:14
Head Guide
Dec 29, 2013, 00:12
I haven't scrolled through all the posts to see if its already been noticed, but on accidentaly clicking on the Head Guide - above - there is an announcement/apology from Julian dated the 23rd, the same date as the email diseminated by the promoters which sparked the topic, saying that the gig was cancelled due to circumstances beyond his control. No mention of security concerns.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 11:30
Popel Vooje wrote:
I'll pretty sure he claimed in an interview that he's only been on the GHz forum once. I take your point about the agoraphobia though - maybe that's down to living in Yatesbury for 18 years.

I blame the neighbours.
Weirdoes, the lot of 'em.

;op
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 11:33
Kid Calamity wrote:
True.

Once you're out in the sticks, and have your head down on stuff for a few months, a visit to the hustle and bustle can be quite alarming. Trust me, I know.

I grew up in The Back Of Beyond and got excited when I caught the weekly the bus to Dorchester ! Big town !

:o)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 11:35
Sin Agog wrote:
You can easily see how it would upset a fan from Belfast, though, right?People who live there day-in, day-out, who are suddenly told that what's good for them just doesn't cut it for can't Cope.

Personally, I think the reason for his excuse is hooey. I cancel appointments fairly often out of fits of artistic pique, or because for whatever reason I'm just not feeling up to seeing anyone that day and putting on a sharp and entertaining front. I'll usually pluck a half-baked excuse out of the air to make myself seem a bit less of a misery-guts. A hunch tells me Cope's been through that same mental process a fair few times in his career.

Bingo.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 11:36
dave clarkson wrote:
Can't help thinking this is turning into a bit of a witch hunt. As been stated above - it's only a gig....

8)

*claps and cheers*

:o)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 11:39
What do we want ?

Broccoli !

When do we want it ?

Now !

;op
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 12:15
Sin Agog wrote:
Psychedelic Revolution is my fave release by the man in yonks.

Wait, just noticed I put the wrong revolution in there. Meant to say Revolutionary Suicide!
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 12:17
And down with our broccoli overlords! Off with their stems!!
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Dec 29, 2013, 12:44
Kick out the yams, motherfuckers! (the predictive text on my phone activated when I tried to type motherfuckers and came up with 'inefficient').
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index