Who's Julian Cope?
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Re: Julian cancels Belfast show - extremely disappointing reason given
Dec 24, 2013, 19:48
billding68 wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
This does make all the gun-toting skeletal, white Huey Newtonisms seem especially poseury.

Give the guy a break! Why would you willingly go into a situation where you feel you AND your crew may be in danger ( no matter how small or real) this isn't just about Julian but also his band or crew roadies etc.... I know how situations can be blown out of proportion but you can't fault the guy for being safe rather than sorry.

To be fair, any internet forum with a musician's name on it will involve a number of people poring over the minutiae of that person's life. If he suddenly declared he has a thing against broccoli, that will probably warrant some kind of comment in these haunts. He has a right to be a wussy and we have a right to whinge about his wussiness. It's the circle of life, innit?
billding68
billding68
1016 posts

Dec 24, 2013, 19:51
Sin Agog wrote:
billding68 wrote:
Sin Agog wrote:
This does make all the gun-toting skeletal, white Huey Newtonisms seem especially poseury.

Give the guy a break! Why would you willingly go into a situation where you feel you AND your crew may be in danger ( no matter how small or real) this isn't just about Julian but also his band or crew roadies etc.... I know how situations can be blown out of proportion but you can't fault the guy for being safe rather than sorry.

To be fair, any internet forum with a musician's name on it will involve a number of people poring over the minutiae of that person's life. If he suddenly declared he has a thing against broccoli, that will probably warrant some kind of comment in these haunts. He has a right to be a wussy and we have a right to whinge about his wussiness. It's the circle of life, innit?

Well said 1st person to make sense out of this. Thank you
crumbford
2 posts

Dec 24, 2013, 21:24
The bellyaching is because he has given a nonsensical reason for the cancellation. Of course he can cancel whatever he likes, for whatever reason he likes - but why give a reason that has no substance when no reason is needed? This is negative publicity for a place that really doesn't need it. Instead of just cancelling he has gone and made a negative judgement by implication that people who live here find unnecessary, ridiculous and insulting.
slothbob
3 posts

Dec 25, 2013, 00:36
It's Christmas Day!!!!
Hope Santa doesn't cancel
dazzagallagher
4 posts

Dec 25, 2013, 00:49
I'm a huge fan of Cope. Hence the disappointment. But to speak out/sing out against a minority that seeks to control or subjugate a majority... And then seemingly not stand up for it.. Well, then I'll proffer an opinion. I live here, so do my children, we deal with it. Maybe Cope could offer further clarification? Or maybe stop singing about things he has clearly no idea about?
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Julian cancels Belfast show BBC News
Dec 25, 2013, 02:34
copius-freakus2 wrote:

Is this normally something worthy of the news, or is it somewhat slow over there today?
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Dec 25, 2013, 12:48
You can watch the show, they're on webcam
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Dec 25, 2013, 17:26
sweetfeed wrote:
Revolutionary my ass.

Presto!
The name of the next album.
Bogbody
Bogbody
3 posts

Dec 25, 2013, 22:01
Nice one JC, for coming across as a gigantic, ill informed S*n reading English dickhead. Not saying you are, but you're certainly looking like it.

Security concerns? Insulting.

Terrorism 1 JC 0

Bye. I feel defrauded.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index