48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Edited Aug 14, 2013, 17:28
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 11 August 2013 CE
Aug 14, 2013, 17:21
French Radio & Television Orchestra - Daphnis et Chloe (Ravel). Came across this while looking for a suitable piece by Ravel. Don't know a huge amount about the dude, except that in an Ozric Tentacles interview on the Radcliffe & Maconie show, they requested a piece by Ravel and said he was the Ozric Tentacles of his time which got me intregued!

Joe Meek - I hear a new world. One of the first studio tinkers i think

Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium. Have they done any better than this?
The answer is that i haven't heard any better albums by them

The Mummers - Tale to tell. I find it hard to listen to, knowing that the bloke behind their sound took his own life. Was going to start a thread about music one finds one cannot listen to anymore because of tragic circumstances... but didn't.

Mokira - Album

Mugstar - Lime

LAMF - Ambient Metal

Mark Lanegan Band - Bubblegum

KLF - The White Room

Black Tempest/Dead Sea Apes - The Sun Behind the Sun. Got my copy on Thursday and been listening to it a fair bit. Great stuff. For some reason the music reminded me of the Soundtrack to the first Twilight film! You probably will take that as an insult, but that was one of the stronger elements to that film, which is a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. I probably wont get much unsung kudos for saying that, but i'm still putting it out there!

*Oh yeah, i really enjoyed listening to the BBC6music Prom in association with radio 3 - did anyone else listen to it? Varese and Berio performed by the London Sinfonietta, arrangements by Anna Meredith, and mingled in with performances by Laura Marling and the Stranglers backed up by the Sinfonietta. Well worth checking out on the iplayer
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index