Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 11 August 2013 CE
Aug 11, 2013, 23:50
IanB wrote:
machineryelf wrote:
IanB wrote:
ELP - Works

all of it? Or do you do what 99% ofv people do. listen to 10 mins of Emerson twiddleywiddling and then ffwd to Fanfare
If they had the sense to edit this to a single LP at the time it would have been a killer, Black God, anyone of Palmers tunes and a condensed Emerson exercise in keyboard wankery and side 4 as side 2 would have made a classic

Yes all of it though I abandoned ship half way through Works 2. There is at least 40 mins of among their best stuff on the first set. Thanks for the advice on Love Beach and the other one. I like Greg's Lake's voice and acoustic playing and also Carl Palmer's drumming. Don't have a lot of time for Keith Emerson most of the time so I tend to tune him out except when he is playing Hammond or grand piano. His Moog / GX1 work does nought for me most of the time. Though there are exceptions.

I've never heard "Love Beach" in its entirety, but I can't decide if the sleeve art is a genuine work of twisted genius from Planet Wrong, or perhaps, worse.....'real'?
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index