Sep 20, 2012, 13:17
Thanks CE, much obliged.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Re: Woden
Sep 20, 2012, 13:56
Woden U-Know it?

Ordered! Looking forward to that immensely.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2012, 14:58
Sep 20, 2012, 14:55
Squid Tempest wrote:
Woden U-Know it?

Oh if it's anywhere near as good as odin we're all in for a treat, thanks Mr era. I'm excited, Lets all head to the underworld together.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Sep 20, 2012, 15:30
Yay.
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Sep 20, 2012, 16:16
Squid Tempest wrote:
Woden U-Know it?

Likewise! Glad he waited 13 years to release this as it took me 5 years to really appreciate Odin (may be even listen to the whole thing) and another 5 before I realised it was a masterpiece and a Top 5 Cope album. I'm ready for a follow up now!
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2012, 18:14
Sep 20, 2012, 18:11
Yes me too. Far more excited than I am about any of the new material Cope is likely to churn out any time soon -2012 or no- even though no doubt they'll be the one or two exceptional tracks and I'll still be ever hopeful that he'll change direction again and I'll buy the things with little question. All a bit sad but since 'You've Got a Problem With Me' I've really not been impressed.

Bring back Donald Skinner Julian FFS. Play some Rock n Roll again.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8763 posts

Sep 20, 2012, 18:47
MARTASE wrote:
Yes me too. Far more excited than I am about any of the new material Cope is likely to churn out any time soon -2012 or no- even though no doubt they'll be the one or two exceptional tracks and I'll still be ever hopeful that he'll change direction again and I'll buy the things with little question. All a bit sad but since 'You've Got a Problem With Me' I've really not been impressed.

Doesn't have to be rock n roll, as long as it is head music! That's the problem I've had with the recent stuff, it hasn't pressed my *trip out* buttons. But that is just me.
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Edited Sep 21, 2012, 08:37
Sep 20, 2012, 18:58
Squid Tempest wrote:
MARTASE wrote:

Doesn't have to be rock n roll, as long as it is head music! That's the problem I've had with the recent stuff, it hasn't pressed my *trip out* buttons. But that is just me.

Agreed! Trip outs small or large: the reasons we fell in love with him and his muse are lacking except in the odd glorious moment: 'Psychedelic Revolution' (the song) has it I think. Bits of 'Xmas in the Women's Shelter' too.

The Transcendental Cope! Where has it gone?
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2012, 19:46
Sep 20, 2012, 19:23
MARTASE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
MARTASE wrote:

Agreed! Trip outs small or large: the reasons we fell in love with him and his muse are lacking except in the odd glorious moment: 'Psychedelic Revolution' (the song) has it I think. Bits of 'Xmas in the Women's Shelter' too.

The Transcendental Cope! Where have you gone?

What you're both [and me, if you are] really saying if you read between the lines is he needs a big brew of mushies to get that psychedelic "trip out" feeling back into his music, for all we know the tracks that have "it" are maybe older songs themselves, i'd like to add that the stunning "raving on the moor" had it in spades though as well, i can "feel" a change of image coming soon though, i keep thinking what a suited and booted cope would give us, him and people like merrick have such strong and right ideas about things like the environment and the way life is going, that it sometimes seems a shame that their ideas don't reach a bigger audience [else why do they have it?], i don't mean selling out, and i certainly don't mean becoming a monster to beat a monster, but the guy has "something" and that "something" has flown under the radar [ in the underworld ] for far to long in my opinion.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index