Woden

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Re: Woden
Sep 26, 2012, 22:34
It's like that Ash Ra Tempel story, where they discover the riff to take them to heaven, only JC's found his on the mellotron, and he's going in the other direction...
riverman
riverman
845 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 22:42
MARTASE wrote:
bladup wrote:
MARTASE wrote:
Mine's just arrived! Ahhhhh... Now to find that right moment to play... Not gonna rush it...

As an aside I notice on the cover the silhouette of a figure hanging from the tree.. by the neck! Odin? Surely not! 9 days hanging ON the tree maybe... Is there a mythical reference I'm missing? Is this artistic license? or just misconception? Seems a bit crass.

Perhaps a case of Revolutionary Suicide.

Yes that's woden/odin hanging on that there tree, get your moment right and get ready to go deep.

Being ready is right! Despite my resolve to not rush it I stuck in on in the car as I drove over the Mendip hills a few hours ago.

That's brave playing it in the car (though I suppose if it was 1st listen...). I just played it whilst having a bath, ended up sitting in cold water after drifting round all the beautiful places in the cheviots I know (probably as unlike Waden Hill and all these derivations of Woden, I was thinking of the hill in the Cheviots, still with the original Woden name).

Now where's that post about the best mellotron tracks...
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 23:16
Bov wrote:
Just finished my first listen now. It's flipping lovely.

First half is like a trip into the core of a planet sized, wood-veneered synthesiser which nobody has played a note on for centuries, but still draws power from somewhere.
Second half is like a blissful acid-trip at your own wedding with no annoying relations.

That's a great description!
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 26, 2012, 23:16
riverman wrote:
It's like that Ash Ra Tempel story, where they discover the riff to take them to heaven, only JC's found his on the mellotron, and he's going in the other direction...

Ha ha.
keith a
9574 posts

Sep 27, 2012, 11:15
Played it last night - very nice, though if I hadn't read the posts about the ending I might have given up on it after five or ten less, er, comfortable minutes!

I prefer My Nation Underground though!
dissolving
67 posts

Sep 27, 2012, 17:27
mine's arrived. listening session tonight...
Carlos
Carlos
3885 posts

Edited Sep 27, 2012, 19:37
Sep 27, 2012, 19:36
Believe me: it's a dream!!! "Wodenful", if I may say so ;-)
ayjayemm
ayjayemm
32 posts

Sep 29, 2012, 17:07
The prettiest thing Copey's released in years - and the most Eno-esque of all his glambient/ambulent stuff. The last half hour is just bee-yootifull
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Oct 10, 2012, 02:00
ayjayemm wrote:
The prettiest thing Copey's released in years - and the most Eno-esque of all his glambient/ambulent stuff. The last half hour is just bee-yootifull

Ric you asked if anybody had received their copy's yet, we all did, and above is what some of us thought! It's lovely.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index