Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 September 2011 CE

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2447 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 18 September 2011 CE
Sep 18, 2011, 11:34
There are some albums that are so over played and talked up at the time that we forget how great they are - you know, the kind of stuff that makes it in lists of top 100 albums that all the cool cats dismiss because they are too popular.Well i have been listening to Portishead - Dummy which of course came out in 95 and was played to death. Well i gave it a listen this week and it sounds great. Actually that's not the whole truth - i had to take it out of the player the following day because it was too depressing.

Robert Palmer - Sneaking Sally through the alley. Been singing 'put on your sailing shoes' a bit this morning.

Public Image Ltd - First Edition. The first track is awesome (Fodderstomp?) but it goes a little downhill from there. His rant about religion sounds like something Cope would come up with! Yawn.

Psychedelic Furs - World Outside. This is the first album i ever got by them some 20 odd years ago, and was one of my first CD's, so has a place in my kidneys.

Pink Floyd - A CD full of secrets

Beth Orton - Central Reservation

Elsewhere it has been a Mugstar feast courtesy of Hunter T Wolfe. Now listening to the third offering, Lime. Elsewhere it has been the 2006 album which spotify told me was 2010 and Sun, Broken from 2010.

I do listen to quite a bit of 6 Music and discovered White Label's remix album entitled Stolen Voices. I did post about it but got no responses what so ever. The alternate lyrics to John Lennon's Jealous Guy tune improve the song sixteen fold. One of my fav songs, Jimmy Scott's Sycamore Tree used in David Lynch's Fire Walk with Me gets a reworking too. Although i don't think it is as good as the original on this occasion.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index