Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

Edited Feb 27, 2011, 21:28
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27th February 2011 CE
Feb 27, 2011, 21:27
redfish365 wrote:
Ohhh I adore T2! Absolutely love em! You?

Why I asked. Love the first album and despair at how great the second album would of been.

A few years ago a friend and I decided to explore the early seventies/late sixties more thoroughly. We thought at the time we were quite clued up. Wrong, but the internet has made everything more accesible. It is easy to forget even now how hard it was to discover things just a few years ago. So, armed only with a love for Black Sabbath, Hawkwind, Budgie and The Groundhogs and a fair few prog bands went in search for more.

Quickly became apparent that what I loved was that grey bit between psych and prog (which I think both T2 and Arcadium fit into). Most of it I think is shite but the good ones are astounding. Amazing how many seem to make one or two albums and then disappear and were not rated at all at the time. To T2 and Arcadium I would add, off the top of my head, Flower Travellin' Band, Night Sun, Hairy Chapter and Master's Apprentices.

Though I have not been as thorough in mining the early seventies as some here and elsewhere, I have hit a bit of a wall. Too many mediocre sounds (to my ears) without finding anything that really rings my bell, and catching up with modern sounds. Probably finding my second wind. Any suggestions gratefully received.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index