75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FifePsy
FifePsy
540 posts

Edited Feb 27, 2011, 16:06
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 27th February 2011 CE
Feb 27, 2011, 16:05
Tim Hecker - DeathRave 1972. Another great release from TH using processed pipe organ recordings made in Iceland with Ben Frost.

Floored by Four - Mile Watt, Nels Cline, Yuka Honda and Dougie Bown. Picked up on this one after hearing it on Kosmic Radiation - thanks Dave. Its difficult to keep track of Cline's discography. A slacker he aint. Could teach Tom Verlaine a thing or two about productivity.

65Days of Static - We Were Exploding Anyway. I hadn't planned it, but ended up seeing them do a live soundtrack to 'Silent Running' at the Glasgow film festival last weekend. I'm sure i saw them at Supersonic one year and they didn't make much of an impression. Anyway really enjoyed their 'soundtrack' and bought this after the gig. A bit Mogwai on steroids but like it and surprised when uber goth Bob Smith pops up on the one track with vocals.

Sea of Bees - Songs for the Ravens. I know some people have had a pretty dire experience seeing her live but i really like this album. Some great songs and pretty sure will play this a lot in 2011.

Ornette Coleman/Prime Time - Of Human Feelings. Great to revisit and sounds so much better than i remembered it.

Black Tempest - Secret Astronomies. Splendid, nuff said.

Coltrane - Africa Brass Sessions.

Tony Conrad/Keiji Haino - Live at Instal.

Current 93 - Moving Waves, Haunted Graves.

Groundhogs - Who Will Save the World.

Alex Harvey - The Mafia Stole My Guitar.

Skids - Scared to Dance.

V/A -No Age A Compilation of SST Instrumental Music.

Happy listening all.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index