Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 September 2010 CE

57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9572 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 September 2010 CE
Sep 26, 2010, 23:44
THE SHINING CITY ON THE HILL – Applecraft
Mention of Ochre Records here made me dig this out. Features several ex-members of Spiritualized including the fabulous Mr Michael Mooney, now in the current line-up of the Wild Swans. Good album!

SATAN’S CIRCUS – Death In Vegas
Those German influences run strong here. The electronics of Kraftwerk, the beats of Neu, it all ends up sounding kinda timeless.

HEAD FIRST – Goldfrapp
Cerrone. Kylie. Abba. Bronski Beat. Fleetwood Mac if they’d been a synth act! It’s all here!!

DUNIYA - Loop Guru
Wow! Great to hear this one again. One of my fave LP’s of the 90’s. Great beats, Wobble-like basslines. I heard FSOL’s Papua New Guinea this week and hearing them both again after all this time there seemed a certain symmetry. So if you like that, you could do worse than give this a listen.

OUTERNATIONAL – Billy MacKenzie
I could happily live without the cover of Pastime Paradise, but otherwise this is a really under-rated set. And the single, Baby, is colossal.

MESSAGE FROM THE COUNTRY – The Move
I can take or leave some of the album, but it has its moments such as The Words Of Aaron. And it’s always good to hear those three great, neglected early 70’s 45’s – Tonight, Chinatown and California Man – that I loved so much as a kid. It’s also an interesting pointer not just to ELO, but Wizzard.

Also...
DISAPORA – Natacha Atlas

LET IT BE – The Beatles

TENDER BUTTONS – Broadcast

THE FIDELITY WARS – Hefner

MUSICAL SHARK ATTACK – I Roy

KEEP ON YOUR MEAN SIDE – The Kills

TRANSLUSENT – The Land Of Nod

HELIGOLAND – Massive Attack

MEMORY ALMOST FULL – Paul McCartney

BACKING OFF IS FOR THE OTHER BAND - Roger

HMS FABLE – Shack