57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Sep 26, 2010, 12:51
Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 September 2010 CE
Sep 26, 2010, 11:08
Hail!

Manic Street Preachers - Journal for Plague Lovers. Richey Edwards last batch of lyrics stitched to some great rock songs, some of which have a bit of a post-punk feel to them. It doesn't have the harrowing, visceral atmosphere of The Holy Bible, but a really good album all the same. V good!

Shining - Black Jazz. Black metal freak jazz skronk. Tis good!

Sisters Of Transistors - At The Ferrenti Institute. Excellent vintage keys fueled art-pop.

The Parlor Mob - And You Were a Crow. Bit Zep, very 70's influenced US hard rock.

The Witch & The Robot - On Safari. Excellent neo-folky rock with some spoken word bits that sound so like Cope in places I had to check the credits.

Opeth - Blackwater Park. Prog Metal masterpiece.

Benga - Diary of an Afro Warrior. Dark n moody but nice and squadgy too.

Sienna Root - Different Realities. Mix of stoner and psyche-folk. Like it lots.

The Aliens - Astronomy For Dogs. Very catchy n riffy pscyhe pop. It occured to me that they kind of remind of The Dandy Warhols in that they're not afraid of stitching psychedelic and experimental stuff to some fairly obvious, catchy tunes to pleasing effect.

Wolf People - Tidings. Top stuff

Black Tempest - Ex Proxima. More top stuff from top bloke.

Dubstep n drum n bass mix cxd from Mingtp from a while ago. I'm house sitting at my mum's place at the mo which is semi-detached and I played this at silly volume last night. Think something fell off the roof but it's worth it!

Periphery - S/T. Mad prog stop-start riff clang bong squee metal. Not sure there's actually any tunes, but it's good fun!

Horisont - Tva Sidor Av Horisont. Swedes evoke the likes of Wishbone Ash & Stray in this mega 70's influenced collection tunes.

Rinocerose - Music Kills Me. Great play-loud album.

Adam F - Colours. Lush drum n bass tunage from when this sort of thing was popular.

The Anander Shankar Experience & State of Bengal - Walking On. Hadn't played this in ages til a few weeks ago and now can't stop playing it. The live version of "Streets of Calcutta" is great.

Have a nice week sound slurpers x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index