57 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Tangerine Pete
Tangerine Pete
487 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives w/e 26 September 2010 CE
Sep 26, 2010, 02:45
The June - Magic Circles
(great psych band from Parma Italy -- they sing in perfectly accented English, but according to a mutual friend don't speak a word of it. kinda like a cross between the Beatles circa Magical Mystery Tour and Sylvie Vartan on an ether-binge)

Neil Young - Tonight's the Night
(please take my advice. please take my advice. as Young put it, this is a suicide note without the suicide. a must)

Rolling Stones - Black and Blue
(i bought the copy i'm listening to in a C&A store in Eindhoven, the Netherlands in 1976. i liked it then, and now that i've lived long enough to really understand how appropos the lyrics are, I'm convinced it's their master piece. to paraphrase Dr. Dre, Charles Shaar Murray can eat a fat dick. word.)

Dr. Dre - The Chronic
(was always very selective with regard to rap music, but this cd is beyond criticism, especially as a soundtrack for driving around in LA. I re-bought it the other day for 4 bucks at PM Sounds, which is a trippy store in downtown Torrance, mainly frequented by ultra-hip 50-year old black dudes shopping for Miles Davis vinyl re-issues and impossibly rare $2000 tape decks by Nakamichi. I was actually hesitant to hand it to the ultra-hip 50 year-old black dude who runs the place to ring up, but he just smiled beatifically.)

Blossom Toes - We Are Ever So Clean
(better than Sgt. Pepper? it just might be.)

Hawkwind - Hall of the Mountain Grill
(the only psychedelic band that stayed psychedelic right through the 70s. Lemmy apparently lives 4 miles from me, and hangs out everynight at the Rainbow. I'm tempted to go up there for a drink one of these nights, but what do you say to Lemmy? still working on that :)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index