76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: Another racist morissey rant
Sep 07, 2010, 16:29
sanshee wrote:
I struggle to see where you're coming from with this one, Pooley.

This is the sort of thing you'd forgive and defend over on U-Know, accusing all ready to slate whoever came out with whatever 'racially tinged' remark as 'humourless' and 'overly right-on', or something.

I think the Carol Thatcher gollywog remark rings a bell there.

Personally, I thought she was being an upper-class dimwitted oaf other than a full on hater.

I'm not having a go, we have agreed on a few things, but I don't get your point here!

And as for 'Morrissey apologists', the history of this section tells us there are probably more Headheaders who can't stand him.

I guess the casual nature of the racism, and many peoples acceptance of it just riled me. My annoyance at it even got me called a fucking idiot on here three times, for either misreading or responding incorrectly to some arse holes response on here.

To me, this was worse than the carol thatch thing, because. Her comment, bad as it was, was based purely on appearance. Oh, that man looks like a golly wog. Bad, stupid, but (to me) not offensive. It seemed to reflect on her upbringing, and also seemed to have little or no malice.

What mozza said was that a race of people are a sub species. The implication was that this is why they treat animals badly, because they are some how lesser than us. Said before that to take a nation to task for it's cruelty record is a good thing, to say that nation does these things because they are a sub species is quite another

Idiots like elf (who after calling me a fucking idiot three times, then accused me of being a troll!) seem to think that mozza is somehow above reproach. He ain't, and he should be judged on what he says - without deploying the irony defence.

And- if he is just faking racism for column inches, fuck. How shitty and stupid is that?
x

Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index