76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
elegant chaos
elegant chaos
2390 posts

Re: Another racist morissey rant
Sep 04, 2010, 18:09
From the Guardian article by Simon Armitage

"Every gesture seems carefully designed, and every syllable weighed and measured for the ripples it will produce when lobbed into the pond"

My decline for Morrissey really began when he was whinging on a track on "You Are The Quarry" about his lifetime of gold discs wasn't enough for him etc etc

When I first met Mrs Chaos she travelled from London to see Moz in Hull and Preston within the space of a few days - a couple of years back we couldn't be bothered to see him at Alexandra Palace - the travel to which is VERY convenient for us

WE were both fans from the very beginning - but he's chipped away at his own respectability so much that I never want to hear from the sad bastard again.

When the first race row started in the 90s I genuinely thought he was shooting his mouth off unaware about the repercussions that could take place re the media and stuff. I acknowledge my naivety of those times now, and recognise that Morrissey is not only a racist, but with his experience of the previous furore he has deliberately thrown that quote in to remind the world that he is still around - even if he is promoting a compilation of old stuff - something that in the past he would not have been bothered to do anyway.

This wasn't a conversation where a flyaway remark has been spitefully posted into the papers - this was a formal interview situation where he knew and engineered the score precisely so that his name achieved headlines under the "no publicity is bad publicity" schtick.

Best to vote with the wallet I say. We all know there are alternative ways to receive music but I can't even be arsed to do that. Let the sub-species that is Stephen Patrick Morrissey rot in the cocoon of his own self-importance and unforgivable racial generalisations.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index