76 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Sep 04, 2010, 15:47
Re: Another racist morissey rant
Sep 04, 2010, 14:55
Yeah, of course it's racist. To imply a whole race is inferior=pretty damn racist. "Subspecies"... Silly rabbit.

When you consider the shocking brutality that occurs on Factory Farms in the very land that Morrissey so often waxes sentimental about, it seems ridiculous of him to single out China as a worse offender than anywhere else, particularly using a term that is most definitely racist.

The treatment of animals by humans is shocking but it is cruelty carried out by us collectively as a species and one we all have a responsibility for.

I'm a vegetarian, too, so I know that not being able to walk down the street without encountering the smell of animal flesh can be pretty saddening. I don't think it's him trying to be controversial in order to muster up business. People can play it fast and loose in conversation and I wouldn't always write someone off over a flippant remark or two. Morrissey is starting to get quite a big case against him, however.

By the way, I just read this blog article which may be worth taking with just a pinch of salt (it probably wouldn't be concrete enough proof to justify column space in a newspaper), that claims that Magma's Christian Vander's a pretty hardcore Neo Nazi.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index