Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Primal Scream were Great!
Jun 27, 2011, 12:11
jb lamptoast-morsley wrote:
Jasonaparkes wrote:
I prefer Primal Scream in the Vanishing Point/XTRMTR era - they played great versions of both Higher Than the Sun and Come Together around the time of the Shields' mix of If They Move Kill 'Em...I always thought Screamadelica was the Sgt Pepper of its day and diluted what others had already done, e.g. Psychic TV, The Shamen, AR Kane, The KLF, 23 Skidoo, Mark Stewart & the Maffia, Tackhead etc...Plus their Elevators' cover always sucked and if Screamadelica is so classic, why have they dropped songs/reworked the running order?

Then again, I have pretty much loathed PS since seeing them on their Riot City Blues tour...mainly as one minute they were playing great stuff like Burning Wheel, Swastika Eyes, Kill All Hippies & the one they did with Will Sergeant and the next it was Rocks, Jailbird, Country Girl, Nitty Gritty, Suicide Sally & Johnny Guitar plus Stooges knock offs...Though I objected more to some E'd up twat telling me during 'Swastika Eyes' to "get involved" - whether that meant me getting off my tits, dismantling the mass media, or signing a Palestine-petition, I don't know. In retrospect I probably should have lamped the fucker - bad vibes stem from the Scream...

yeah... it does sound like it! Both those albums you mentioned are great too. Have they still got Kevin Shields playing for them? I heard they drafted in a new guitarist. Anyway i don't have any politics involving them except really loving those songs

What songs have they dropped then???

Saw them at Olympia last year and Brixton in March and they didn't drop any songs. They've re-jigged the track listing live to end on the euphoria of HTTS, Loaded and Come Together rather than the slower come down tracks on the actual album. I'm all for it. Much rather go home on the high that is Come Together than the comedown of Shine Like Stars.

No Shields on board this time round. The guitarist from Little Barrie replaced Robert Young who left around Riot City Blues (prob because he knew how naff that album and the follow up would be).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index