77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Primal Scream were Great!
Jun 30, 2011, 12:58
Jasonaparkes wrote:
I prefer Primal Scream in the Vanishing Point/XTRMTR era - they played great versions of both Higher Than the Sun and Come Together around the time of the Shields' mix of If They Move Kill 'Em...I always thought Screamadelica was the Sgt Pepper of its day and diluted what others had already done, e.g. Psychic TV, The Shamen, AR Kane, The KLF, 23 Skidoo, Mark Stewart & the Maffia, Tackhead etc...Plus their Elevators' cover always sucked and if Screamadelica is so classic, why have they dropped songs/reworked the running order?

When in the midst of a recent Screamadelica obsession, after the album gigs, I re-read some reviews online to kill some time at work. This giddy eyed 5 star rave review from 2005 stood out and then popped into my head again after reading the above from the very same fella.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1CZ5A7WLIS2H6

The Elevators cover always sucked??? Or "the album flips into dance-mode with a pulsing-reinterpretation of The 13th Floor Elevators' LSD-soaked psychedelic classic 'Slip Inside This House'"

I know opinions change over the years but I find it best to be truthful and honest when writing so publicly. Why not just say "I used to think this album was wonderful but now........". Just a thought like.

Anyways, Moon Cat, good post there about Glasto. I agree. The main stages can be witness to some emotional events. I stupidly find myself getting teary eyed sometimes watching it on TV when a band clicks into place with the audience and you feel something magical happening. I'm not a big Elbow fan at all but seeing the joy there was wonderful. Must be some feeling be on stage with that happening.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index