Glastonbury coverage

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: Glastonbury coverage
Jun 27, 2010, 11:18
I agree. Most of the presenters are awful post-Jo Whiley types where everything's great - watching Reggie 'Killer of TOTP' Lucas doing inane interviews with the front row before Hot Chip came on was shockingly bad. & I am close to joining the BNP just so Zane Lowe could be repatriated to New Zealand...

Considering they have the red button and several options, there is weirdly enough bugger all to watch. Did they show Steve Mason? All I got to see was that bloke from Bloc Party spouting the usual terrible lyrics over early 90's rave music, Bonnie-Tyler lookalike Ellie Goulding, a bit of Hot Chip, too much of Willie Nelson, and far too much of Muse. Other bits have been shown, at present I think the best bit is either the Dizzee Rascal song that accidentally sounded like the Melvins or the bit towards the end of the overlong Gorillaz set. Would have liked more than ONE Flaming Lips song to and preferably not prefaced by an inane comment from Lowe regarding the subject matter than everyone knows ("Zane, can you say a few obvious things between working up jizz over Pendulum or some other shite please...")

I'm not sure I can be arsed to watch much more - they have Ray Davies on, which might be odd considering his old bassist died recently. & Grizzly Bear are good but still plugging that live LP from last year.

The vibe from what I gather is a mass audience of mainstream fans turning it into a pseudo-mystical version of the V.

& what is it with music on TV - first that awful series (I'm with the Band or whatever) which told us that Jon Bon Jovi is the same as Iggy Pop and now a Glastonbury advert that shows the charmless Liam Gallagher from Oasis' worst performance. Are the saying that's good?

There's also lots of last year/in vogue two years ago stuff - Corrine Bailey Rae, Grizzly Bear, Florence & the Machine, DR (who played last year), La Roux, Scissor Sisters etc.

The Green Man and Supersonic 2010 seem much more like it....
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index