Glastonbury coverage

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Re: Primal Scream were Great!
Jun 26, 2011, 21:36
I prefer Primal Scream in the Vanishing Point/XTRMTR era - they played great versions of both Higher Than the Sun and Come Together around the time of the Shields' mix of If They Move Kill 'Em...I always thought Screamadelica was the Sgt Pepper of its day and diluted what others had already done, e.g. Psychic TV, The Shamen, AR Kane, The KLF, 23 Skidoo, Mark Stewart & the Maffia, Tackhead etc...Plus their Elevators' cover always sucked and if Screamadelica is so classic, why have they dropped songs/reworked the running order?

Then again, I have pretty much loathed PS since seeing them on their Riot City Blues tour...mainly as one minute they were playing great stuff like Burning Wheel, Swastika Eyes, Kill All Hippies & the one they did with Will Sergeant and the next it was Rocks, Jailbird, Country Girl, Nitty Gritty, Suicide Sally & Johnny Guitar plus Stooges knock offs...Though I objected more to some E'd up twat telling me during 'Swastika Eyes' to "get involved" - whether that meant me getting off my tits, dismantling the mass media, or signing a Palestine-petition, I don't know. In retrospect I probably should have lamped the fucker - bad vibes stem from the Scream...
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index