Unsung Forum »
Glastonbury coverage

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wychburyman
951 posts

Glastonbury coverage
Jun 27, 2010, 10:02
Personally I think it's one of the worst ever. Appalling BBC coverage. Patchy, poor presenters, lack of diversity, not much roving reporting, all over the place on about 3 different channels
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Jun 27, 2010, 10:06
Re: Glastonbury coverage
Jun 27, 2010, 10:06
I've not being closely following it as I'm not really that interested, but from what I have caught in passing, I completely agree with you. It seems to be more about BBC Presenters Go Mad In Somerset at times, and when they do focus on what's happening it's very rudimentary, light weight and frankly boring.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 11:01
Moon Cat must have texted me last night while i Was out of signal range. He was a tad excited that Kylie Minogue had made a guest appearance with the Scissor Sisters.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 11:02
That had been rumoured - I hope he had a good time. Great weather for it, being the 40th Anniversary as well.
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 11:18
I agree. Most of the presenters are awful post-Jo Whiley types where everything's great - watching Reggie 'Killer of TOTP' Lucas doing inane interviews with the front row before Hot Chip came on was shockingly bad. & I am close to joining the BNP just so Zane Lowe could be repatriated to New Zealand...

Considering they have the red button and several options, there is weirdly enough bugger all to watch. Did they show Steve Mason? All I got to see was that bloke from Bloc Party spouting the usual terrible lyrics over early 90's rave music, Bonnie-Tyler lookalike Ellie Goulding, a bit of Hot Chip, too much of Willie Nelson, and far too much of Muse. Other bits have been shown, at present I think the best bit is either the Dizzee Rascal song that accidentally sounded like the Melvins or the bit towards the end of the overlong Gorillaz set. Would have liked more than ONE Flaming Lips song to and preferably not prefaced by an inane comment from Lowe regarding the subject matter than everyone knows ("Zane, can you say a few obvious things between working up jizz over Pendulum or some other shite please...")

I'm not sure I can be arsed to watch much more - they have Ray Davies on, which might be odd considering his old bassist died recently. & Grizzly Bear are good but still plugging that live LP from last year.

The vibe from what I gather is a mass audience of mainstream fans turning it into a pseudo-mystical version of the V.

& what is it with music on TV - first that awful series (I'm with the Band or whatever) which told us that Jon Bon Jovi is the same as Iggy Pop and now a Glastonbury advert that shows the charmless Liam Gallagher from Oasis' worst performance. Are the saying that's good?

There's also lots of last year/in vogue two years ago stuff - Corrine Bailey Rae, Grizzly Bear, Florence & the Machine, DR (who played last year), La Roux, Scissor Sisters etc.

The Green Man and Supersonic 2010 seem much more like it....
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 15:14
The first night was absolutely CRAP with a capital C. Didn't see much of last nights but i did tune in to see if i could see our Mooney amongst the Kylie/SS set. I guess it's just 'my age' :))))))) xx
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 16:08
wonder if I picked up on that vibe unconsciously. every time it's come on after something else I've been more interested in the music coming from my computer, recent d/lds etc. So just haven't been bothering with it & turning it over to some other side. glad to hear I'm not missing anything.
Just watched the end of the Dr Who season through after missing bits of the episodes. That was pretty enjoyable. I like Matt smith & Karin/Amy & Rory's not bad so glad everybody's continuing.
Stevo
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Jun 27, 2010, 20:27
I haven't watched any of it. They always show the shite and I can't stand Zane Lowe either.

x
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Jun 28, 2010, 08:39
I've caught bits of it and must say I really enjoyed The National who i'd only ever read about rather than actually heard music by. Might have to investigate them further. Really enjoyed The Dead Weather too on the red button option. Off to see them tonight at The Roundhouse. Early on the Saturday the BBC crew were down the front of the pyramid satge interviewing Muse fans who were planning to saty at the front all day long so they had a prime spot for their headline set. WHY??!! I never understand that behaviour or the logistics of going to the toilet, eating, getting drinks....plus you have to watch every single inane act on the lead up to Muse. Bonkers, as Dizee would say.

The festival in general has turned into a cosy weekend away really hasn't it. Kind of like an extended stag weekend with bands. Maybe it's the way 'indie' has gone mainstream and everyone likes a bit of Muse or a bit of Flo & Her Dull Machine and a bit of Topman NME fashion. Oh, it was better in my day I tell thee ;-)

Yep, I'm a snob.

and all those flags, bah!
meurglys III
meurglys III
1085 posts

Jun 28, 2010, 08:45
I had it on in the background

I got to see more of the Flaming Lips set on the red button. Don't know if it's still there though. Also might be on the iPlayer. "She Don't use Jelly" was great.

Agree about that bloke from Bloc Party. Fucking dire. Thought Gorillaz were boring too. Enjoyed The National, Jack Johnson at one point said "we're going to relax a bit now" at least I think that's what he said, I was already verging on comatose from his set up to that point. Very very very very dull indeed.

And Florence and the Machine were awful too.
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index