Unsung Forum »
Glastonbury coverage

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Glastonbury coverage
Jun 26, 2011, 12:26
Well it's not been great, but then as someone who doesn't do the festival thing - fields are for cows not live music IMO! ; ) - that's no real surprise.

I'm not saying that I never enjoy anything on the telly (the PSB's were great one year!), but I'm sure that most years I think a lot of it was a bit cack.

This year...well Morrissey was OK. Enjoyed him - good versions of Everyday Is Like Sunday and Irish Blood...

Coldplay did nothing for me, but then I'm not really a fan so why should they?

I wasn't impressed with Glasvegas either. Good drummer but it all seemed a lot of fuss about nothing. And on one called something like Lots Sometimes the singer sounded like some pissed fella outside the chippie! (I'm referring to his singing voice not his accent in case anyone thinks I'm indulging in lazy stereotypying. I'm not!) It felt like five minutes of my life that I'm not gonna get back.

I like Elbow but though I thought they were OK, they didn't blow me away. Certainly not a patch on that BBC performance with the orchestra a couple of years ago.

Saw one track by The Kills. Again OK, but didn't blow me away.

Only caught a bit of Warpaint. Didn't seem as interesting as they did on Later recently but I say that with reservation as I switched over to watch the rest of the T20 international which was surely as disappointing as Glastonbury. That said, if they were that good I'd have stayed with them! I do want to explore them more though.

A frail looking/sounding Noel Harrison doing Windmills... will probably prove more memorable than much of the above.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index