Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: Glastonbury coverage
Jun 30, 2010, 15:02
Moon Cat wrote:
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:

The festival in general has turned into a cosy weekend away really hasn't it. Kind of like an extended stag weekend with bands. Maybe it's the way 'indie' has gone mainstream and everyone likes a bit of Muse or a bit of Flo & Her Dull Machine and a bit of Topman NME fashion. Oh, it was better in my day I tell thee ;-)

!

Trust me dude, that's just the stuff they show on telly. I can assure you there's much, much more going on there. The best parts are in the hinterlands and weirdy bits. Far, far from a 'cosy weekend' heh heh heh.....

Yep, you're actually damn right there. I haven't been for ten years so my opinions of it now are purely derived from the TV and press coverage which as we all know is geared towards Flo Machine singing You Got The Love seventeen times to all and sundry. The weirdness will always carry on in the hinterlands as you say. I'd go again one day but just reading that 177000 and some more people attended makes me worried about losing my marbles, wife and child in spectacular fashion.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index